Into the Dead 2 is a follow-up to the first-person runner from PikPok that forgoes endlessness for levels and a story. It works well, too, thanks to the steady amount of progression and weapons upgrades. Gamezeboâs Into the Dead 2 tips, cheats and strategies will (hopefully) keep you from ending up in a zombieâs stomach.
- Up your arsenal. As you play youâll find weapon parts, which are necessary to either build a given weapon for the first time or to upgrade it. Try to stay on top of maintaining your arsenal, because itâll definitely make a difference as things get tougher.
- Pay attention to level goals, which can be seen before starting a level. The basic gist is to survive, but there are added challenges such as attaining a specific number of kills or interacting with specific objects. Completing more goals means earning more stars, and more stars means you can acquire fancy loot crates faster.
- You can check a levelâs goals in the pause menu if you forget.
- Consider the Perks. Little by little youâll start to acquire Perks, which are temporary improvements you can âequipâ before starting a level. These include things like faster reload times and often make things just a bit easier. Be aware that Perks are all one-time-use.
- Donât use Perks on the first attempt. If you havenât played a level before, try it at least once before using Perks. Better to know what youâre up against and which Perks will help than to waste them needlessly.
- Replaying levels uses less stamina. For example, playing a level for the first time in the beginning chapter requires 3 stamina, but once you beat that level every subsequent playthrough only costs 1 stamina.
- Finish chapters to unlock new weapon types. Every time you complete a chapter youâll find a blueprint or two. Once these blueprints are in hand youâll be able to find parts for these new weapons in loot bags and crates.
- Play the Daily Trials. These special challenges task you with getting specific kill counts, with different rewards given out depending on the goals you meet. They donât cost stamina to play, you get to try out weapons you likely havenât unlocked yet, and theyâre generally good practice for the regular levels as theyâre quite tough. Plus the rewards are nice.
The Running Dead
- You donât have to kill everything. Some level goals do include kill counts, but survival is more important and sometimes you need to keep a few rounds in reserve for emergencies.
- Look for gaps. If you see a space between zombies thatâs at least roughly 3-4 shoulder lengths wide, you should be able to sprint right through them safely.
- Be wary of large obstacles, hills, corn fields, and so on. Treat anything that could potentially obscure a zombie as a hazard and try to keep your distance. You never know when/if one of those bitey jerks might be waiting to catch you off guard. Itâs rare, but they can even âhideâ behind ammo drops.
- Keep an eye out for ammo crates. Youâll be able to spot them from a distance if you look for plumes of smoke, and when you get closer the brightly glowing green flare is a dead giveaway. These crates are the only way you can replenish ammo in the middle of a run, so donât ignore them.
- Your character will raise his gun when a zombie is in range. This is a very easy way to tell if youâre actually going to hit whatâs in front of you, but itâs also a great way to get a heads-up when zombies are hiding behind something like a bush or an ammo crate.
- Mind your reloads. Your firearms have different clip sizes (so to speak), and once theyâre empty theyâll automatically be reloaded if thereâs still ammo available. This is handy, but be aware that youâre basically defenseless while reloading. Try to steer for openings, switch to another gun, and otherwise pay attention you how many rounds you have remaining so you arenât left in the lurch. That, or you can spend one bullet on a zombie in the distance in order to reload sooner.
- Knives give you one more chance. You can find knives in loot bags and crates, and goodness are they literal life savers. Normally if you get too close to a zombie youâre toast, but if you have a knife on hand youâll be able to fight them off and keep running.